Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"Computer experts brace for "Conficker" worm"

Again the topic of stealing information through the Internet comes out. This time the thing is about malicious software called “conficker” worm. “Conficker, believed to reside on 2 milion to 12 milion computers worldwide, is deigned to turn an infected PC into slave that responds to commands sent from a remote server that controls an army of slave computers known as a botnet.”So it goes with steling identities, log sensitive corporate information, credit card numbers, online banking passwords and other. In other words, people are under threat. Even FBI is trying to solve the problem. This is a really bad situation called no more a cyber crime but “criminal attack” (according to Microsoft).

I remember once I got that mail from my bank that my personal data is under threat of being stolen. I wonder what they exactly had in mind? Maybe they were talking about “Conficker” computer virus…hmmm…I just hope it is not as serious as it seems.

Click here for article source

No comments:

Post a Comment